Tuesday 8 January 2008

Goodbye for the second time

It’s Dec 10 2007, I’m at the airport again, reflecting.
It was so much harder to say goodbye the second time.
The first time, in Sept, exactly three months ago, I was leaving for London to attend selection week and I was so buzzing with excitement that I didn’t really think about the length of the trip.

This time though, I’m still very excited about the rest of the year ahead.
There is so much more to do and see, I’m looking forward to every minute of it
I’m a little sad though. Maybe because I had a hectic three weeks of replenishing myself with everything I missed during the first months of the Experience and now it’s over.
I’m saying goodbye again.

If you’ve ever had to say goodbye to something or someone, then I think you can understand. It is heart wrenching. But what do you do when you are sad and happy at the same time. It’s weird. I feel so blessed to be on this tour, yet the scents, sights and sounds of home are still so fresh in mind and the fact that I won’t have any of that for the next nine months hurts a bit.
I had gotten used to being away, and now I’m starting all over with the missing business.

I guess it comes with the territory.
I love this territory. This is the best thing to ever happen to any human being.

No comments:

 
The views expressed by The Smirnoff Ten reflect the individuals opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Smirnoff Co.